Seckman Ice Hockey Club adheres to the Mid-States Hockey Code of Conduct
for Players and Parents:
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PLAYERS
A. Play for the "fun of it", not just to please your parents.
B. Play by the rules.
C. Never argue with the officials' decisions.
D. Control your temper.
E. Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
F. Be a good sport. Cheer all good plays, whether your team's or your opponent's team.
G. Treat all players, as you would like to be treated.
H. Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills, and feel good.
I. Cooperate with your coach, teammates, opponents, and officials, for without them, you do not have a game.
J. An unsportsmanlike act while participating in an event may cause you to become ineligible.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PARENTS
1. Do not force an unwilling child to participate in sports.
2. Remember that children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, not yours.
3. Encourage your child to always play by the rules.
4. Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory.
5. Turn defeat into victory by helping your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship. Never ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake.
6. Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud good plays by your team and the opponents.
7. Do not publicly question the officials' judgment and never their honesty.
8. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's sporting activities.
9. Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches. They give of their time and resources to provide recreational activities for your child.
10. The unsportsmanlike conduct of any spectator (parent) could cause that individual to be barred from attending any future Midstates games. Help the referees do their job.